Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Tasty Tuna Sandwich

It's lunchtime on Sunday, the fridge is a little bare, but with a little effort and the help of a well stocked pantry (you'd think I believed the apocalypse was imminent), I manage to put together a pretty nice sandwich. It's based on the classic flavour combination of dill (from the pickle), tuna and mayonnaise. If I had fresh dill I would use it, but unfortunately it is not very popular in Australia and typically hard to find.

The main point I'm trying to make in this post is that I think you should always make an effort, even if it's just to make a sandwich, you owe it to the food and to the people who grew, caught, made, killed or transported it for you. Food is so central to our lives and so often we consume it without even thinking... This was quick, easy and delicious!

A Tasty Tuna Sandwich - enough filling for two
1 x 95gm tin tuna 
(for what it's worth I buy SAFCOL responsibly fished tuna)
1/2 tsp dijon mustard
chopped parsley
about 1- 2 tsp finely diced white onion
1 tsp capers
2 tsp mayonnaise
1 diced polski ogorki dill cucumber pickle (I buy "always fresh")


I added a little grated carrot, sliced cucumber and diced red capsicum


then put it all together between two slices of grainy bread, which I toasted because it was a little stale making it crunchy and delicious!

1 comment: